The PTO proudly supports our PBIS program that positively reinforces good behavior through
Tribe Tickets and prizes.
- Partner with families and staff to promote the welfare of our students
- Support efforts for the enrichment of our students’ education
- Provide fun events, activities and opportunities for all students and staff to make our school a better place to be
- Support Mrs. Mellon throughout the year by funding/providing support in a variety of ways
WHAT WE DID IN THE 2021-2022 SCHOOLYEAR
- Our biggest year of membership yet with 215 members - Classrooms with 100% participation earned a pizza party, ice cream party or extra recess.
- Worked every Tuesday & Wednesday throughout the year in the work room providing nearly 200 hours of support to ALL teachers with copying, cutting, lamination and more.
- Co-hosted the tailgate party with Maple and Eagle Heights PTO
- Offered Smithville inspired spirit wear collection for back to school and raised $900 in profits from sales
- Coordinated Family/Business “Stock The Lounge” events throughout the year
- Staff Appreciations Days, ie., Principal Day, Counselor, Nurse appreciation, etc.
- Processed and delivered EPI school supplies for 126 students!
- Decorated the front entrance every month
- Hosted the Fall Festival Party with a campfire theme for our kids
- Hosted “Deck The Halls of Horizon” holiday door decorating competition
- Provided multiple goodies on various days throughout Mrs. Mellon’s 12 Days of Christmas, hot cocoa, cookies, candies, etc.
- Helped staff fall book fair
- Provided water bottles for students/teachers through the year up until water fountains were opened again
- Coordinated parent donations for new indoor recess items to enjoy in the winter months.
- Ordered hundreds of dollars worth of PTO Treasure Box items to encourage positive behavior of our kids!
- Hosted a Valentine’s Day party for our kids
- Coordinated 2/22/22 celebration goodies for all classrooms and kids
- Hosted our annual fundraiser raising $19,550 that provided our school with math and science manipulatives and leveled and decodable readers. Rewards for hitting our goals were two bins for recess, our first piece of musical equipment on the playground, “Inflatable Recess” and hosting The Science Wizard for a Science 2.0 show - our first assembly of the year!
- Helped staff spring Book Fair
- Had a presence at Kindergarten Screening and Incoming Kindergarten Night to educate incoming parents about PTO and what we do!
- Supported community organizations like Smithville CIA and the Smithville Scholarship Fund
- Rented an inflatable obstacle course for 5/6th grade field day split with Maple and Eagle Heights PTO
- Presented Mr. Kuska with a $1500 check to provide incentives for End of Year Rally encouraging good behavior.
- Donated funds with Maple and Eagle Heights PTO to support incentive rewards for summer school
- Brought in $1,238.06 through Amazon Smile
- Planned and provided an incredible Teacher Appreciation Week for our beloved teachers and staff where they were spoiled in various ways every single day this week!
- Supported funds to cover children whose families were unable to pay for fieldtrips
- Provided popsicles for Field Day